After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand and apply some concepts of risks, needs, rights and responsibilities
- discuss some ethical dilemmas faced by social workers as morally active practitioners
- identify circumstances that lead to risks of harm, and recognise the responsibilities of social workers in protecting service users and the public within legal contexts
- explore transitions in child and adult social work practice, and recognise factors that determine the way people experience and manage change
- identify elements of good practice for supporting people through transitions.